Eyesight is something which is dear to all but the cases of weak eyesight have been increasing all over the globe. People don’t bother to care much in case of weak eyesight as it can be rectified in several ways. This is the reason why care for the eyes is neglected and eye problems have taken the world by storm. Even though medical science has made a lot of progress in the field of vision, but it cant be a reason for one to be sloppy and not take care of such a vital organ.
Good eyesight depends a lot on the lifestyle of a person, what he or she eats, how much they sleep and give rest to their eyes, etc. If one suffers from myopia or hypermetropia at a young age, the situation is likely to worsen with time as the strain on the eyes won’t reduce with the workload they would have in front of them, thereby leading to the usage of thicker lenses or even eye surgery.
Tips For Good Eye Vision
Some tips to ensure good eyesight:
- A balanced diet– A good, healthy and balanced diet is key to avoiding not just eye problems, but all diseases as such. Vitamin A, C play a very important role in maintaining good eyesight and so does green leafy vegetables which contain lutein and zeaxanthin which hold the key to improving eyesight and fish as fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that are valuable for the macula, the part of the eye responsible for central vision.
- Exercise – is something which one wouldn’t generally associate with eye health but it does help. Exercise improves blood circulation in the body which in turn improves the oxygen level that reaches the eyes and removal of toxins.
- Rest– The lifestyle people have today is full of stress and anxiety, there are loads and loads of work everyday and more the work, more is the strain on the eyes as without the usage of eyesight no work can be done. Rest and sleep is something which every body apart requires, (apart from the involuntary muscles), eyes too need rest to stay healthy.
- One needs to keep the eyes clean and away from dust and dirt– The hand and fingers of a person often come in contact with their eyes, so one needs to ensure that the hands stay clean and hygiene is maintained when it comes to matters of the eye like wearing a contact lens as the eye is a very sensitive yet vital organ.
- Avoid staring into at the sun for too long– The sun may be millions of kilometres far away but the Ultraviolet radiation it emits reaches the earth. Although the UV rays that reach the earth are quite minimal but as mentioned before the eye is quite sensitive, so prolonged direct exposure to these rays can be harmful for the eyesight. The eye tends to protect itself so when one stares at the sun for too long their vision becomes blurry for a while before they can recover.
- Smoking is injurious to health, and that includes eyesight as well, the blood in our body thickens due to smoking habits and that means the blood cant carry oxygen to the body parts as effectively as it should, thereby hampering the health of our eyes. So, it is best to avoid smoking.
- One needs to avoid prolonged exposure to the screens of electronic devices. Digital devices have become a part of our life in ways we could not have imagined a few years back. Everywhere we got there is a digital screen. But these screens emit high energy blue light that is harmful to the eyes. Although tech companies are trying their best to control the emission and filtration of the blue light and so are the spectacle companies as use of these devices have become a part of our lifestyle, but still, it is recommended that while using these devices for too long, one takes breaks in between.
- Family history– Regarding eye problems is something one can’t control but can take precautions seeing the data. People need to be aware of eye problems like myopia, glaucoma, retinal degeneration, etc that may have been a part of their family history for generations in order to take necessary precautions to avoid suffering from these diseases in the long run.
You may also refer:Visium Plus Reviews – Is It A Healthy Formula For Revitalizing Your Vision?