Anthony Stokes, a former Celtic player, appeared in court for harassing his ex-girlfriend.
Additionally, the 31-year-old forward is accused of breaching a court order that barred him from speaking with Eilidh Scott for four years. Between November 16 and December 3 last year, according to the prosecution, Stokes pursued Miss Scott by sending her several emails and texts in which he swore and made lewd statements.
Additionally, he is accused of calling and texting his parents, George and Rachel Scott, in which he allegedly made derogatory remarks about their daughter.
It is alleged that between November 16 and December 2 last year, Stokes breached orders not to speak to Miss Scott or her mother. The Irish footballer, who also played for Arsenal and Hibs, has pleaded not guilty to the three charges he faces while being held at Hamilton Sheriff Court.
Sheriff Moira MacKenzie granted him bail and he will be tried on April 28. According to tax assistant Morag McLintock, Stokes was incarcerated. Given the nature of the charge, which is a serial violation of a court order, she said: “The Crown opposes bail.
“He should be fired ‘because the witnesses are not receiving the protection they should under the order.” He is adamant that he has in no way violated the terms of the order. According to defense lawyer Michael Gallen, this question will have to This is a man who works full time as a professional footballer and contributes financially to the education of his child; any time spent in pre-trial detention would limit his ability to do so.
After spending three nights in police custody, the issue has become more specific and he will meet all bail conditions. Sheriff Alasdair MacFadyen imposed the anti-harassment orders on Stokes in September last year in the same court.
As part of his bail conditions, he is prohibited from speaking with Miss Scott or her parents in any way and from approaching the two streets of Shotts, Lanarkshire, where they reside. Stokes scored twice when Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in the Scottish Cup in 2016 and won seven trophies in six seasons at Parkhead.
He signed a contract with Turkish second division Adana Demirspor last year after joining Iranian Club Tractor Sazi FC in 2018. Stokes recently agreed a six-month contract with Iran’s Persepolis FC.
The abuse campaign lasted from July 2018 to February 2019.
Sheriff Allan McKay issued an immediate custody warrant for him in June last year and said: “He pleaded guilty, was released on bail and has since fled the country in breach of bail.
“He was issuing a warrant for his custody even though he was not breaching his bail conditions, and he was not confident he would return until ordered by some form of authority. .” Stokes shared a selfie on social media with the caption “Bad news?” hours after the execution of the warrant.
Additionally, during the festive season, Anthony shared photos of himself posing in a pub while wearing an expensive Rolex watch and Adidas Yeezy sneakers. Stokes scored twice as Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 in the 2016 Scottish Cup to win seven trophies in six seasons at Parkhead. He has also played for Falkirk, Sunderland and Iranian side Tractor, although he is currently unemployed.